Robben: Leaving Bayern not an option

The Netherlands international is keen to stay at the European and Bundesliga champions and has stressed that he does not have any problems with Franck Ribery.
Arjen Robben has made it clear that he he has no intention to leave Bayern Munich any time soon as he is happy with life at the Champions League winner.

The Dutchman has been linked with a move away from the German champion ahead of Pep Guardiola's arrival at Bayern, as he is reportedly not part of the former Barcelona manager's plans, but the 29-year-old is keen to stay put. 

"It is football, nothing is a certainty. This is a profession where anything can happen," Robben told Bild. "I want to avoid any speculation, though. I am feeling very well here and I have a contract until 2015. Leaving Bayern is not an option for me at this point.

"There is absolutely no reason to leave, so I intend to stay put."

The Netherlands international then went on to discuss his relationship with Franck Ribery and stressed that they have left their problems of the past behind them.

"It was quite difficult after what happened last year. I initially thought that we could no longer play together after he slapped me. I accepted his apologies, though, and forgave him," Robben said. "It's a lot of fun to play with Franck. He understands football like no one else. We have made up this season."

Robben played a key role in Bayern's treble this season as he netted the winner in the 2-1 Champions League final win over Borussia Dortmund.

No comments:

Post a Comment