Cavani coy on Napoli future amid Manchester City interest

The Uruguay international is continually being linked with a summer move, but has stated that he's focused on his current club for now.
Edinson Cavani has insisted that he is not thinking about a potential summer move away from Napoli amid strong interest from Manchester City.

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis revealed last week that the Serie A outfit is in talks with City over Cavani, while the Uruguay international's father stated at the weekend that the striker's future could lie in Spain.

Nevertheless, the 26-year-old has made it clear that he's focused on his current club for the time being.

"I'm in Uruguay at the moment to recharge my batteries for next season and I am only thinking about Napoli for now," Cavani told Ovacion Digital.

"If I were to leave the club we'd have to sit down with the president to discuss my valuation. I'm feeling well at Napoli, though. I have grown here and have matured a lot."

Cavani has a contract with Napoli until June 2017, but has a 63 million euro exit clause in his deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment