Malouda 'cannot wait' for post-Chelsea move

The Blues midfielder is out of contract next month and will leave Stamford Bridge after failing to make a single first-team appearance during the 2012-13 season.
Chelsea midfielder Florent Malouda says he "cannot wait" to be back playing football next season after being frozen out of the first-team set-up at Stamford Bridge.

The France international didn't play a single game for the Blues this term after reportedly requesting a transfer in the summer of 2012 but failing to complete a move. Now, with his contract set to expire at the end of June, Malouda is looking forward to finding a new club and reviving his career at age 32.

"I had a problem to sort out with certain people," Malouda told The Sun. "It's done. Now, I'm free.

"I'm going to be able to play again next season and I cannot wait. I've been preparing all year long. I'll be back next season."

Malouda joined Chelsea from Lyon for around 13 million pounds in 2007 and has won a Premier League title, three FA Cups and the Champions League during his time in England.

No comments:

Post a Comment