Heynckes would be a good choice for Madrid, says Carvajal

The right back feels the 68-year-old would fit in well at the Santiago Bernabeu side and insists that his own potential return to Madrid is uncertain.
Bayer Leverkusen defender Daniel Carvajal feels that current Bayern Munich boss Jupp Heynckes would be a good option for the vacant position of Real Madrid coach.

The Primera Division side is in the market for a new manager following the departure of Jose Mourinho upon the conclusion of 2012-13 campaign and had initially targeted Carlo Ancelotti as the main candidate. PSG is keen to hold on to Ancelotti, though, fuelling speculation that Madrid could turn its attention to Heynckes, who will make way at Champions League-winning Bayern for Pep Guardiola.

"I encountered Heynckes in the Bundesliga. I think that he would fit in very well at Madrid with the way Bayern have been playing this season,” Carvajal told AS. “They are a very intense team who always want to have the ball.”

The 21-year-old then responded to Florentino Perez’s comments that he will return to Real Madrid this summer and stressed that he remains a Leverkusen player for now.

“There's no news. I'm still a Leverkusen player, but I hope that my situation will be resolved soon, so I'll know where I'll play next season," Carvajal said. “I have not spoken to anyone from Madrid yet, but I appreciate what the president said. We will have to wait and see what happens.”

Carvajal left Madrid for Leverkusen in the summer of 2012, but the Bernabeu side have an option to re-purchase the defender for a fee believed to be in the region of 6.5 million euros.

No comments:

Post a Comment