The legendary Argentine insists he and Esteban Cambiasso did not influence the departure of the Nerazzurri coach and believes president Massimo Moratti will not sell the club.
Inter Milan legend Javier Zanetti has denied that he and long-term club and international teammate Esteban Cambiasso played a part in the dismissal of coach Andrea Stramaccioni.

The 39-year-old Nerazzurri icon says he always had a good relationship with his former coach, who was sacked from his post at Giuseppe Meazza last week following a disappointing Serie A campaign.

"Cambiasso and I were not behind the exit of Stramaccioni," Zanetti told reporters at an event held at his Milan restaurant. "My relationship with the coach has always been honest and sincereAfter my operation he came to visit me in the hospital and told me how important I am to the teamHe also came to the partyfor 10 years of my restaurant."

Zanetti also spoke about the future of Inter president Massimo Morrati, who has been rumored to sell the club at the end of the current campaign, affirming his belief that the 68-year-old will remain at the 2010 European champion beyond the summer.

"I know all about the passion of the president and his family for Inter. Do I think he will sellI do not know 100 percent, but I find it difficult to see Moratti selling," Zanetti said.

Zanetti has made more than 900 performances for Inter since joining the club in 1995. He is also hold Argentina's record for appearances, having won 145 caps to date.