I am very happy at Aston Villa, says Benteke


The 22-year-old has enjoyed an impressive debut season in the Premier League and credits manager Paul Lambert for his faith in the club's young players.
Christian Benteke has declared himself "very happy" at Aston Villa amid rumors linking the striker with a move away from the club this summer.

The 22-year-old striker arrived at Villa Park last summer in a 7 million pound deal from Genk and has netted 18 Premier League goals in the club's bid for top-flight survival this season.

"I am very happy to play at Aston Villa," Benteke told the Birmingham Mail. "I try to enjoy doing my job. When I come to the training ground I try to keep smiling because some people in their life have some hard jobs so we have to enjoy our jobs. That's why I try to be positive all of the time.

"When I came the fans gave me a lot of respect and I try to give it to them back on the pitch."

Benteke was named the Villa players’ Young Player of the Year at the club’s annual awards dinner on Tuesday night and the forward thanked Lambert for his faith.

"I am very proud to get this trophy but I would like to say thank you to my team-mates and to the supporters," Benteke said. "The supporters are with us all the way and I'm very proud.

"I think Paul Lambert is a very good manager. We have a young squad and he is always behind us. For a young team like us it is very important to have a trainer that is behind us."

No comments:

Post a Comment