Pique: Messi is still the best


The defender feels the Argentine ace will continue to 
stand at the top of football's pantheon for many years to 
come, and reacted to Tito Vilanova's comments on his 
future.


Gerard Pique believes Barcelona teammate Lionel Messi proved he is still the world's best player with his two goals in the 4-2 victory over Betis at the weekend.
The Argentina international was a spectator on the bench as his side crashed out of the Champions League to Bayern Munich in midweek, but he returned to action with a sparkling performance on Sunday.

"We know that Leo’s the best player in the world and he will continue to be the best for many years to come. He knows to be at the right place at the right time," Pique told reporters.

The defender then went on to discuss Tito Vilanova's comments that Pique could be part of a potential squad overhaul this summer.

"I hold Tito in the highest regard, he was coaching me when I was 15 years old. I don’t feel bad about what was said yesterday. He is the manager and he has every right to say what he wants," the 26-year-old stated.

"I said that we needed to improve, and I was talking about myself on a personal level. We all need to improve next season."

No comments:

Post a Comment