Mourinho: I never told Klopp I was going to Chelsea


The Portuguese coach has dismissed reports that claimed he is set to return to the Premier League giant and is focused on the match against Dortmund.
Jose Mourinho has insisted that he never told Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp that he will leave Real Madrid for Chelsea at the end of the 2012-13 campaign.

German tabloid Bild reported after the first leg of the Champions League semifinal tie between both sides that the Portuguese had told his opposite number that he would return to Stamford Bridge this summer.

Klopp already stressed that he never told anyone that the former Inter boss will leave Madrid at the end of the season, though, and Mourinho himself has now added that he did not tell the BVB trainer anything about his plans for the future.

"I never told Klopp that I was going to Chelsea," Mourinho said at a press conference.

The 50-year-old then went on to state that the outcome of the tie against Borussia Dortmund will not influence his decision on his future.

"My future doesn't depend on what happens Tuesday," he continued. "Will it be my last game? I am only thinking about the match against Dortmund. It's the most important game of the past 10 years for Madrid. My future is not on my mind."

Madrid will be looking to overturn a 4-1 first leg deficit in the return leg at the Santiago Bernabeu on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment