Skrtel: I'll fight for my place in Liverpool team


The 28-year-old Slovakian has been on the bench in recent months after suffering a dip in form for the Reds, but insists he hasn't given up on a place in the starting XI
Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel insists he will fight to regain his place in the Reds' starting XI, following his demotion to the bench in recent weeks.

The 28-year-old arrived at Anfield in 2008 and was a hit with the fans thanks to his no-nonsense attitude. However, following a serious knee injury a year later, Skrtel found it difficult to replicate his initial form.

After losing his place to Jamie Carragher in recent weeks, the former Zenit center back is confident he can see off the competition from his counterpart and return to Brendan Rodgers' first XI plans. 

"This is what happens in football and this time it was my turn," Skrtel told his own official website. "I have to respect it and wait for my chance. And I hope my chance will come before the end of the season. Those who know me know that I will fight for my place in the team."

No comments:

Post a Comment