Rocchi: I hope to stay at Inter another season


The striker is very satisfied with life at the Giuseppe Meazza side and has stressed that he is ready to get more playing time in the next few weeks.
Tommaso Rocchi has made it clear that he's keen to stay with Inter Milan for one more season once his current deal with the Nerazzurri expires this summer.

The veteran 35-year-old striker joined Inter from Lazio in the January transfer window and he says that he is very pleased with life at the Giuseppe Meazza side.

"I'm happy here, I hope to spend another year at Inter," Rocchi told Sky Italia. "My aim is still the same: to play football and give the team a hand - I never expected to be a first-choice player." 

Rocchi has made seven Serie A appearances since his winter transfer, and he is likely to get more playing time in the weeks to come due to the injury crisis currently involving Diego Milito, Rodrigo Palacio and Antonio Cassano.

"We're crippled with injury problems at the moment and I'm the only recognized striker available, but that won't stop us giving 100 percent," he continued. "I'm in much better shape now than when I joined, I just needed to train and get into my stride. 

"It's no problem for me to play consecutive games. In situations like this you find that extra bit of motivation that pushes you beyond the fatigue."

No comments:

Post a Comment