Ba pleased with Chelsea display after 'difficult' start to season

The former Newcastle United striker returned to Jose Mourinho's starting line-up for the first time since August to set up a 3-1 victory over Norwich City at Carrow Road
Demba Ba says he was happy with his performance after returning to the Chelsea line-up, but admits the season has been "difficult".

The Senegal international was afforded a starting berth against Norwich City by Jose Mourinho for the first time since Chelsea's 2-1 defeat of Aston Villa on August 21, assisting Oscar's fourth-minute opener in a 3-1 win.

Ba is behind both Fernando Torres and summer signing Samuel Eto'o at Stamford Bridge, but is backing himself to work his way into the matchday squad on a more regular basis.

"It's difficult to be left on the side-lines but, as I'm a professional, and a good one, I always work hard and wait for moments like this," Ba told the club's official website.

"It's all about giving 100 per cent and showing that you should be picked for the next game. I showed that and gave my best and when I came off I was happy with my performance.”

Chelsea beat Norwich at Carrow Road on Sunday thanks to late strikes from Eden Hazard and Willian to lift the west London side to third in the table going in to the international break.

The former Newcastle and West Ham striker's only other involvement has come against Basle in the Champions League and Swindon Town in the Capital One Cup, but has worked hard to regain his place.

He continued: "I always work hard to be ready when the team needs me, that's why we're here, especially the offensive players. I'm happy I made the assist for Oscar and I'm happy with the win.

"It was a tough game, they gave us a really good match and we're really happy because we responded."

No comments:

Post a Comment