Eto'o adapting to Premier League style

The Cameroon international has yet to score since making his summer move to Stamford Bridge from Anzhi Makhachkala, but insists he is improving with every match
Samuel Eto'o believes that he is adapting to life in the Premier League and has vowed to deliver the goods for Chelsea.
The 32-year-old striker moved to Stamford Bridge during the transfer window from Anzhi Makhachkala but has yet to hit the back of the net.
Eto'o has not started since their victory over Fulham last month, and after the injury to Fernando Torres it was Demba Ba who was chosen to start upfront in Chelsea's last Premier League outing at Norwich City.
It is the first time the Cameroon international has plied his trade in England after spells in Spain, Italy and Russia, and he admitted that it has taken him longer than expected to settle in.
"Already I have noticed that English football is very physical – more physical than other types of football," he told Chelsea Magazine.
"It hasn’t been too much time yet, so I need to continue working to make sure I keep improving my level.
"Every game here is important and I realise that – I have come here to enjoy playing for Chelsea and to enjoy the football. I go into every game with the same approach.
"It doesn't matter where you put me, I will play football. My team-mates are helping me a lot and also the coaches, so I feel that I am settling into the team."
Eto'o is part of the Cameroon squad to face Tunisia in their FIFA World Cup play-off first leg clash with Tunisia on Sunday as they look to secure their berth in Brazil next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment