Valdes: My time at Barcelona is over

The Spain international is out of contract at the end of the season and has his heart set on a move abroad, revealing that he wants to try his luck in a different league
Victor Valdes has reiterated his internation to leave Barcelona next summer, explaining that he feels that his time at Camp Nou is over.

The Spain international is out of contract at the end of the season and announced during the summer that he would not be signing an extension.

A number of Barca players, including midfielder Andres Iniesta, have publicly stated that they have tried to persuade Valdes to change his mind and stay in Catalunya, but the 31-year-old shot-stopper says he has his heart set on a move abroad.

"My time here is done," the goalkeeper told Antena3. "They offered me the chance to renew [my contract] but my decision had been made."

"I am seeking new challenges. I want to play in another league and be with my family in another place.

"But this season I have still been feeling the love and support of the people and that is greatly appreciated."

Valdes, a product of Barcelona's youth academy, has spent his entire professional career to date at Camp Nou.

No comments:

Post a Comment