Guardiola defends Bayern players against Sammer criticism

Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola has responded to sporting director Matthias Sammer's criticism that the players are hiding behind their coach and lack passion on the pitch.

Club president Uli Hoeness already voiced his dismay with Sammer's outburst earlier this week and the Spaniard insists the only thing that matters is players' carrying out orders properly.

"Matthias is very emotional, just like I am. The difference is that I can show my emotions during the game and he cannot do that," Guardiola told reporters.

"Sammer's comments are normal here, but this never happened in Spain. 

"The most important thing is that the players do what I want them to do on the pitch.

"I am getting to know my team better by the day. I feel that they are really keen to improve and to follow my direction."

Bayern are currently preparing for Tuesday's Champions League opener against CSKA Moscow at the Allianz Arena.

No comments:

Post a Comment