Ozil rejects Madrid accusations

Mesut Ozil has rejected claims made by Real Madrid Florentino Perez that he was sold for unprofessional behaviour.

The playmaker's father is considering taking legal action against the Blancos president after it was claimed by the supremo that Ozil "wasn't a good professional and was obsessed with women and nightlife".

However, the Germany international is refusing to be embroiled in a war of words with his former employers, but has cited a lack of "respect and trust" afforded to him as the prime reason behind his exit.

Speaking at his unveiling at Arsenal, the 24-year-old said: "I don’t want to say anything bad about Madrid because I had three wonderful years there. 

"We achieved trophies and I had a great time there, but the people who know me know how professional I am. 

"I played 159 games - you can’t play that many games if you’re not professional.

"I did not get the respect and the trust in Madrid. It was a bit difficult and when I talked to [Arsenal coach] Arsene Wenger on the phone he was full of respect for me."

The former Werder Bremen starlet looked ahead to his career with the Gunners and is hopeful that playing in England will help him to make further strides forward.

"I’m in the strongest league in the world and I have to improve myself here. I’m at the right club."

No comments:

Post a Comment