Manchester United new-boy Fellaini eyeing Champions League debut

The Belgian, a £27.5 million deadline-day signing from Everton, made his bow at Old Trafford on Saturday from the bench but is hoping to start against Bayer Leverkusen
Manchester United new-boy Marouane Fellaini is eyeing up a Champions League start when Bayer Leverkusen visit Old Trafford on Tuesday evening.

The Belgian midfielder, who joined the club in a £27.5 million deal from Everton on transfer deadline day, made his debut in a 30-minute cameo for the Red Devils in their 2-0 victory over Crystal Palace on Saturday.

The 25-year-old was delighted to feature for United but wants to dive headfirst into his first outing in Europe's biggest continental competition.

"I was happy with my first 30 minutes [against Palace]," the Belgian told reporters. "I've tried to do my job – winning duels, clearing balls, playing clean.

"I hope to start in the Champions League. It will be my first experience in that competition and I'm looking forward to it but the coach decides.

"It's important we make a good start. It was a nice first experience with the fans. They all supported me. I felt confidence. It was a great feeling to come in. Everybody cheered. There were fans with wigs in the stands, which is always nice.

"I want to give everything for this club, for the team-mates and the fans. In all things you feel this is one of the biggest clubs in the world.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment