Julio Cesar wants QPR place back

QPR goalkeeper Julio Cesar hopes to reclaim the No.1 shirt at Loftus Road after he failed to secure a move away from the west London club.

The Brazil international had been expected to leave the Hoops following their relegation to the Championship, with clubs such as Arsenal, Fiorentina and Benfica reportedly interested.

The Portuguese outfit, who were defeated in last season's Europa League final, had contacted Cesar about a move, but failed to agree terms.

“There had been contact with Benfica,” the 34-year-old told reporters after the Selecao's 3-1 win over Portugal. “But unfortunately the transfer did not materialise.

“I talked to David Luiz about life in Lisbon and the club.”

Cesar had been usurped in QPR's starting line-up by Robert Green as the R's planned for life without the former Inter shot-stopper, but, with the transfer window now shut, the veteran keeper is determined to win back his place.

“The manager [Harry Redknapp] was very honest and said that I would not play because I was setting my departure,” he continued.

“Now, with the end of the transfer window, I want to play again. My head is in QPR. I'm focused on helping the team have a good campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment