Madrid fans will whistle Bale if he fails, says Ibrahimovic

Zlatan Ibrahimovic feels it will be hard for Gareth Bale to handle the pressure at Real Madrid following his world-record move from Tottenham and believes fans could turn against the Welshman if he fails to live up to the high expectations.

The Spanish giants paid €100 million to lure the 24-year-old away from Spurs and the Swede fears the Bernabeu faithful will have little patience with Bale, citing Zinedine Zidane's arrival in 2001 as an example of what could happen.

"No footballer is worth paying that amount of money for. There is a lot of pressure on him," Ibrahimovic told BBC Sport.

"I know that when Zidane played for Madrid, the fans were whistling against him. If they can whistle against Zidane, for me one of the best players in history, I hope Bale has a lot of patience.

"I had a dream to come to Barcelona, but afterwards I am thinking that maybe you should keep your dreams, instead of making it come true.

"Bale's move is similar to my transfer to Barcelona, but what creates that situation and the fee is the media, the selling club and how desperate the buying club are to buy a big name."

Ibrahimovic has been linked with a move to England more than once, but the Sweden international has made it clear that he is unlikely to play in the Premier League.

"To come to England? My time has passed.

"I am above 30, I have a good relationship with PSG, with the team. I feel that I can bring out all my qualities at PSG. I have a big responsibility also at PSG. So in my mind, no."

No comments:

Post a Comment