Kaka eyes iconic Balotelli partnership


The Brazilian is hopeful he can forge a partnership with the striker during his second spell at AC Milan

AC Milan returnee Kaka is hoping that teaming up with Mario Balotelli will enable him to forge a resemblance of his partnership with club legend Filippo Inzaghi.

The Brazil international completed his return to San Siro on a free transfer on Monday, after spending four largely unsuccessful years at Real Madrid.

Kaka believes he can help Balotelli score goals in the same way he linked with Rossoneri favourite Inzaghi between 2003 and 2009. 

"Mario is a great player and I want to do well with him. I hope I can do with him what I used to do with Pippo Inzaghi," the 31-year-old told the club's official website. 

"Four years have passed and now I’m back. It’s been two weeks that I thought if I could come back, a return to Milan would be ideal for me. 

"In the last few days, I’ve been dreaming of hearing the fans sing my name in San Siro again."

The 31-year-old declared his intention to leave Real Madrid last week as he looks to win a place in Brazil's squad ahead of the World Cup in 2014.

"I have a lot of desire to play and it’s a very important year for me due to the World Cup," he added. "Right now I just want to do well for Milan, my team.

"I was very sad to leave this team and now it’s great to be back. I’m very happy."

Kaka has not featured for the Selecao since their 1-1 draw with Russia in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment