Lukaku: No anger over Everton loan move

The Chelsea striker insists he wanted to leave Stamford Bridge to play first team football for the Toffees this season, despite reports to the contrary
Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku insists he was only too happy to complete a season-long loan move toEverton on deadline day.

The Belgium international, who is currently away on international duty, agreed to the switch prior to the transfer window closing on Monday, rejecting a return to West Brom in the process.

The 20-year-old is therefore mystified by reports suggesting he did not want to leave Stamford Bridge for Merseyside.

"I'm very glad [to have joined Everton]," Lukaku told reporters. "I read that some said that I was not happy, but I am very happy.

"This is a club that can bring me a lot, that I can bring a lot to. I still hope to grow and do a good job with this team."

The striker indicated the opportunity to play regular first team football at Goodison Park was a key factor in his decision to leave Chelsea for the season.

"I think at my age it is important to play a lot," he reasoned. "I have a good relationship with the coach of Chelsea [Jose Mourinho]. Now I hope to have good results."

Everton also signed Gareth Barry on loan from Manchester City, while the Toffees handed over €15.3 million to Wigan for midfielder James McCarthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment